Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 08:30:49 PM
Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: Keeping the Fleet informed and afloat & helping new owners get the most out of their Pro-Line Boat.

collapse
+  Proline Boat Owners Community
|-+  Main Forums
| |-+  Technical Questions (Moderators: a7ewizard, 231CALIFORNIA)
| | |-+  Hard top mount
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hard top mount  (Read 124 times)
bass-yac

2014 26 Express

« on: December 26, 2017, 11:19:47 AM »

I will be installing a spot/search light on my 26 express in the spring. Has anyone mounted one on the hardtop. Most people tell me to place it on the front of the bowrail, I only will be using it a hand full of times and I think it would get a lot of splash up there.
C-Lark III

The C-Lark III

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 05:06:24 PM »

I have mine on the front of the hardtop.  The higher you mount it, the better you can see water conditions and hazards (like other boats behind a swell, or a floating log).
I tried to show a picture, but no luck.  You can probably see it on the avatar picture of my boat.

J.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 05:19:42 PM by C-Lark III » Logged

Albacore -- be afraid !
bass-yac

2014 26 Express

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 06:50:58 AM »

Thank you for the response, Do you have any glare off the bow rail or anything else up there. Some say I should mount it back from the edge of the hardtop.
 I think I only need to see 30 yards in front and out from there. Mostly to see buoys that are not lighted, most are not. I run through some real narrow channels for 11 miles or so before I get to open water. After mid November they pull the buoys for the winter, so once their gone it's not a problem anymore. December 15 season is over for me.
C-Lark III

The C-Lark III

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 07:03:48 PM »

You will see some shine from the guard rail -- Only way to eliminate that is to put the light on the front of the rail.  (and run wiring all the way, etc,.  I have mine actually in front of the front edge of the hardtop, on a bracket that I made for it.  The shine off the railing is no big deal.  If you mount it back from the front of the hardtop, you might not be able to rotate it downward far enough to see closeup objects.

I vote for mounting on the front edge of the hardtop, as far forward as you can put it.  I've tried to attach a picture of mine, but it doesn't want to post it.  So, If you'd like to see my installation, drop me an email at westhunt@airspd.net

Jim

Albacore -- be afraid !
bass-yac

2014 26 Express

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 09:43:13 AM »

Jim
E-Mail sent
John
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

* Say Hello to our Newest Members!

* Donations
Help support the
Proline Boat Owners Community Forum.
All donations received will help in the development, hosting and maintenance of the site.

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 6
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Random Photo
There are no pictures in the gallery.