Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 11:47:58 AM
Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: Keeping the Fleet informed and afloat & helping new owners get the most out of their Pro-Line Boat.

collapse
+  Proline Boat Owners Community
|-+  Main Forums
| |-+  Technical Questions (Moderators: a7ewizard, 231CALIFORNIA)
| | |-+  Help me prop my '94 Pro-Line 240 W/A Cuddy
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help me prop my '94 Pro-Line 240 W/A Cuddy  (Read 98 times)
snagged line

« on: November 04, 2017, 05:10:40 PM »

I just completed my engine swap on my Pro-Line 240 W/A and need to buy a Prop to get this Party started...
I was running a 250 HP Yamaha HPDI until it went "BOOM!" like they like to do, so I came across a 2006 LF250TXR four stroke to put on it so that I too, can look down my nose at the two stroke folks......
Problem is...... On my HPDI 250, I was running a 15" X 15* Ernita prop that seemed to be a match made in Heaven for that Motor on my boat, Butt...... If you did not already catch it earlier in this post,,,,,,,,,, My New to me motor is a Dang, COUNTER ROTATION motor and I cannot even think of trying out my beloved 15" X 15 *RH Prop to see how it matches the New to Me four stroke motor.....
So.........................Is there anyone out there in THT Land, running a single Yamaha F250 on a 94 Pro_Line 240 W/A that can share thier prop specks with me so that I can order myself a new prop???

One Last bit of info, The new to me motor came with a 15 1/2" X 17* LH Salt Water Series II prop that will sluggishly run to around 4700 RPM and eventually hit 5000 RPM if you give it some time(Lightly Loaded w/ about a half tank of fuel...)... I was told to stay with the larger diameter prop if at all possible due to my boat being a heavy Pig???

Any help or suggestions would be greatly apreciated......
231CALIFORNIA
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 06:03:11 PM »

Generalization...
WELL IT might take some experimentation which can be tough and expensive with a lh prop.
assuming proper is there is such a thing for  mounting height  / antiventilation plate relationship and trim angle.

if the present prop doesn't reach your wot recommendation range loaded you need to go down in pitch until it does.

. If it slips a lot ,either starting out  at WOT ,you might need more blade area( by +diameter  or more blades.) assuming you arent getting ventilated by mounting position .

you have to do a rpm/gear ratio & pitch at given speed calculation, there are free calculators on web i think.

make sure hub isnt slipping by marking hub vs body index mark with chalk or white paint, you could be spinning a hub mildly.

sometimes a combo cant be perfect for all situations.

these boatsl with an outdrive  arrive with giant bravo 2 props and 2.0 or 2.2 gears slow but gripping. at 5500 rpm prop only doing between 2500and 2700rpm. with outboard 6200+ and  1. 5 or 1.78 gear you are spinning a small prop faster ..
what is WOT  RPM range for your engine?

Skipper 231 Walkaround
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

* Say Hello to our Newest Members!

* Donations
Help support the
Proline Boat Owners Community Forum.
All donations received will help in the development, hosting and maintenance of the site.

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 8
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Random Photo
There are no pictures in the gallery.